- Type II
- Type III
Aluminum anodizing is an electrochemical process that converts the aluminum at the surface of the part to aluminum oxide. The aluminum oxide coating is 50% penetration into the surface and 50% buildup on the surface.
The aluminum oxide layer provides corrosion and wear resistance, electrical insulation, and can be dyed a variety of colors.
Aluminum anodizing can be performed on virtually all aluminum alloys.
- Type II, Class 1 Clear Anodize
- Type II, Class 2 Dyed – Various Colors
- Type III, Class 1 Clear Hard Coat
- Type III, Class 2 Dyed – Various Colors
- Thickness to MIL Standard
- Masking of Non-Coated Areas
- Dyed Part Color Confirmed by Spectrophotometric Analysis
- Nickel Acetate Seal
- Corrosion Resistance
- Excellent Dielectric Properties
- Wear and Abrasion Resistance
- Variety of Dyed Colors Available
- MIL-A-8625 Type II & III
- ASTM B-580
- Many Medical OEM Specifications
- Surgical Cases & Trays
- Surgical Instrument Handles
- Dental Components
- Military Equipment
- Aircraft Components
- Nuclear Equipment
- Tight Dimensional Tolerances
ECO can provide guidance on each of these items relative to your specific parts.
Always request a quote prior to sending an order. To facilitate the quoting process, please include a part drawing and processing specification if applicable. If the drawing and/or specification do not identify the following, please provide: type of aluminum, Type II or Type III, color if dyed, seal or no seal, masked areas if required, thickness range, and acceptable racking location(s). Typical lot size and annual volume are also helpful for quoting. To achieve optimum performance and cost-effectiveness, all coating requirements should be reviewed with ECO prior to processing.
For maximum protection against damage and loss, before and after processing, all parts must be properly packaged and shipped in suitable containers. Parts will be returned in same packaging used to ship parts to ECO. Parts need to be free of excessive dirt and contamination prior to processing. ECO will remove light oil, soils, and other preservative materials.